hi there! i'm michelle, southern california based photographer and curator of the coco gallery.

welcome to my blog where i share my life, my latest adventures, photo projects, random nuggets and the occasional stray thoughts.

for clients: to view my portfolio just click on this link - theCOCOgallery.com. to book sessions please send me a message through theCOCOgallery.com or contact me via michelle@thecocogallery.com | 949.734.0604



Sunday, March 22, 2009

mila | project . bridging the gap

sweaty, grimy, sunburned and exhausted ... today was a long day.  today we had the photobooth project in the slums of manila.   i cannot say that everything went as planned.  i can in fact say that it didn't;  i didn't get the shots i envisioned and things didn't work out as originally discussed.  as a project manager i know from experience that "things going perfectly and without a hitch" is a myth.  i CAN, however, say that we had a great day!  from behind the view finder of my trusty camera, today looked like a success.  everyone was smiling!  everyone was having fun!


i have so many people to thank for the success of today.  i am surrounded by a supportive, patient and generous group of friends.  kat valdez ordered up a bus to transport everyone and sunny played bus mother.  nixie was the food coordinator.  nikka was the games organizer and group cheerleader.  candy was our stylist.  sisters anne and marie along with their volunteers were our foundation and strength.  it is amazing what a team of people can accomplish.  this was a little nudge of an idea born just a few weeks ago and carried through.  we still have the second half of the plan to hatch (we're planning an exhibit of photos in november) but even if we fall apart now, there was so much joy spread today that i can sleep in peace tonight.


a sneak peek of more to come.



2 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle, I envy you! If I were still in Manila I would have joined you!Remember we talked about this at H&J? Great job you guys! xxxx Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I can't wait to see what you set up next! I need to watch you set one of these things up!

    ReplyDelete