hi there! i'm michelle, southern california based photographer and curator of the coco gallery.

welcome to my blog where i share my life, my latest adventures, photo projects, random nuggets and the occasional stray thoughts.

for clients: to view my portfolio just click on this link - theCOCOgallery.com. to book sessions please send me a message through theCOCOgallery.com or contact me via michelle@thecocogallery.com | 949.734.0604



Wednesday, May 11, 2011

mila | ayesha + norvil . jumping the broom

they had a looooong engagement ... and she bought the dress a while back and has always loved it.  ayesha told me that when norvil wasn't home she would have date nights with her dress complete with wine and cheese.  and still he'd never seen her in it till the wedding day.  don't you just LOVE that?  talk about getting maximum use!

you know what else i love??  adorable grandmas with strawberry mojitos in hand, grinning aunts, cheery cousins and guests that know how to get down with some great moves.  mmmm hmm... i love me a great party!

a note on jumping the broom (from wikipedia)

Jumping over the broom symbolized various things depending on the culture. In the American south, the custom determined who ran the household. Whoever jumped highest over the broom was the decision maker of the household.



it was an ALL WHITE WEDDING


photographers must blend in with the guests.  that way if we get caught in the shot we don't look out of place.  so yeah ... hanssie and i were in white too ... oh and coordinating shoes!  



2 comments: