hi there! i'm michelle, southern california based photographer and curator of the coco gallery.

welcome to my blog where i share my life, my latest adventures, photo projects, random nuggets and the occasional stray thoughts.

for clients: to view my portfolio just click on this link - theCOCOgallery.com. to book sessions please send me a message through theCOCOgallery.com or contact me via michelle@thecocogallery.com | 949.734.0604



Saturday, March 13, 2010

mila | MY baby bump week 40


kaya, our lil nugget was due to show up yesterday.  she is, as of today, still being uncooperative.   i'm not surprised really.  she's a blackapina, and by virtue of that special genetic combination cannot be expected to be anything short of tardy.  sigh, groan and miserable pout.

we had a doctor's appointment this morning and that sweet doctor of mine gave me an apologetic smile.  shook her head and said ... "if i were a bettin woman i would say one more week for sure".  cereal?!?!?!?!  (that's michelle for "seriously??!?!").  up until the last couple of weeks the whole preggoness, third trimester thing hasn't been all too bad but the last couple of weeks have worn me down.  i'm sore, uncomfortable and cranky.  my sciatic hates me and i hate it right back.  

february was jam packed with activities and it all came to a screeching halt by the 28th.  i made sure to keep my march calendar clean of all obligations.  i wasn't taking any risks.  thank god!  who knew that i would wake up one day just miserable.  and now add to that ... BORED.  this waiting game is for the birds!  

at week 38 it felt like she had dropped lower, at week 39 it's like she crawled back up again.  we've had talks, walks and conversations she and i.  i'm not trying to be mean.  i love this kid...  but cooking time is over.  we haven't even gained any weight in the last 2 weeks so what the heck is she doing in there aside from rearranging my insides and deforming my ribcage with her butt nudges and hitch-kicks?  

since kaya decided not to show up yesterday i decided i was tired of waiting and got my hair did today.  so there!  and after the news from the doc this morning i looked up the top 3 things to help this process go faster...
  1. walking
  2. spicy food
  3. sex  -- no lie btw.  this one has scientific backing to it.  
so if you wanna hang out with me i'll likely be scouring the malls (walking .. and prolly shopping too).  if you wanna meet me for lunch or dinner the menu options are korean, thai or indian.  and if we don't answer the phone when you call it's coz i'm putting curtis to work and i hung the "do not disturb" sign on the door so you just leave us a vm and we'll get back to you when we're done.




4 comments:

  1. Is Mr T's beard *ALSO* 40 weeks old? :-P

    Here's to hoping for a healthy baby, asap!

    =Matt=

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you still have your sense of humor and clever wording "cereal" ;)

    I think Blackapina needs to be added to the census.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so fabulous. i love the way you look at life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet Kaya, You can come out now, because your Mom and Dad have waited long enough to meet you, and so has the photography community. And don't be scared, Blackapina is the new flavor for 2010! You are one of a kind, unique in God's love! Can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete