hi there! i'm michelle, southern california based photographer and curator of the coco gallery.

welcome to my blog where i share my life, my latest adventures, photo projects, random nuggets and the occasional stray thoughts.

for clients: to view my portfolio just click on this link - theCOCOgallery.com. to book sessions please send me a message through theCOCOgallery.com or contact me via michelle@thecocogallery.com | 949.734.0604



Wednesday, December 3, 2008

lightly treading out of auto

someone asked me recently what mode i like to shoot in.  personally, i favor aperture priority (Av) but every now and then i like to play with capturing motion and i'll move to shutter priority (Tv).    

the sun was going down so i didn't have to drag the shutter too much.  the ISO was at about 400.  i was sitting in the sand or leaning forward on my legs to hold the cam steady.  just focused on curtis and let the water do the rest.



it was our last day in la union and curtis happily frolicked in the water for this super fun shoot.


 
 
 curtis saved this little guy from an atrium life


we discovered BULB mode some weeks before.  i had never done this before.  i kept reading about it but never really tried.  so fun!!!

10 comments:

  1. What cool pictures! So how does bulb mode work? I've heard of it but don't know anything about it. Could you do a future post about it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MICHELLE: THESE ARE SO AWESOME!!! WOW! Perfect photos for your last days in La Union! Okay, now I have to read about BULB! THAT LAST PHOTO LOOKED SO COOL AND FUN! hahaha COOOOOOOOLLLLL!! So I wonder where you're headed off to now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love love the silhouette pictures! And HOW does the bulb work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks you guys :D btw... i did the next blog just for you guys. hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful!!! I love the ones of him laying in the water! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set is so cool! The ones of Curtis on the water are freakin fantastic!! And the silhouettes, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh these are cool! I love them all! they are way artsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time on this blog...and I love it! This post was super duper interesting and those photos came out great! I can't wait to keep searching through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because of this blog I am a few hundred dollars poorer and have 2 days of manuals to read!


    Super coolness found here!!!!!!

    -Ojay

    ReplyDelete