hi there! i'm michelle, southern california based photographer and curator of the coco gallery.

welcome to my blog where i share my life, my latest adventures, photo projects, random nuggets and the occasional stray thoughts.

for clients: to view my portfolio just click on this link - theCOCOgallery.com. to book sessions please send me a message through theCOCOgallery.com or contact me via michelle@thecocogallery.com | 949.734.0604



Wednesday, October 14, 2009

mila | news . we're having a GIRL!

WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!! so the question now is who won?

i wanted a boy but thought it was a girl .. based on scientific deduction of course. my family produces a high percentage of girls, very strong women actually. "strong" is the most PC term i can think of to describe our female tribe. curtis wanted a girl but thought it was a boy... based on a hunch ( i think he was just trying to make me feel better). i know one thing for sure. my shoe shopping budget is gonna lose out. there's gonna be some serious dents made in that fund :(

i texted the family and friends this morning with the news and here's some of the initial reactions...
  • from my sis -- "WOOOOOOOOOOO! No more arguing about boys names :)"
  • from my aunt (the rare one on my dad's side that produced boys) -- "I knew it!..."
  • from my cousin (one of the girls) -- "... score one more for us!"
last month we started thinking about names and got really stumped on boy names. i mean REALLY stumped. i was getting desperate and thought we could just call him friday. curtis threw that into the dump pile along with all the other names. it was getting so ridiculous that i threw my hands up and said it was pointless since we didn't even know the baby's sex yet! good thing we stopped. no reason for anyone to sleep on the couch over that now!

tonight i'm gonna dig up some of our baby pictures. we can start guessing what this baby is going to look like. i was born with two teeth and curtis actually had hair!




5 comments:

  1. So so soooooo excited for you and Curtis, girls are too fun! Ahh! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gonna be one GORGEOUS girl! :) Super excited for you my friend! Can you believe all this has happened since we were back at OCC hanging out in the darkroom! I'm so glad things worked out the way they did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations to you both - "Friday" works for both boys and girls.

    ReplyDelete