hi there! i'm michelle, southern california based photographer and curator of the coco gallery.

welcome to my blog where i share my life, my latest adventures, photo projects, random nuggets and the occasional stray thoughts.

for clients: to view my portfolio just click on this link - theCOCOgallery.com. to book sessions please send me a message through theCOCOgallery.com or contact me via michelle@thecocogallery.com | 949.734.0604



Monday, August 10, 2009

mila | news . engaged

curtis and i... we seem to always balk tradition.  his very first gift to me wasn't flowers or a trinket in a blue box.  he gave me something he knew i wanted badly and would have traded trinkets for.  he got me an air compressor, a nail gun and a compound miter saw.  i was heavily into home improvement at the time and would prowl through lowe's like it was my personal mall.  it was more precious to me than anything out of the tiffany's window.


we've talked about marriage before.  we've been together 4 years... the subject has come up in numerous discussions.  not that we didn't want to but having both been married before, the second time is a tiptoe subject.  sunday morning found us laying on the cushions in front of the TV.  he breathed into my hair and tearfully tells me he loves me and can't live without me.  he finally asks... "will you marry me?"  and of course i say "YES"!


we gave up a lot of things when we decided to leave the country last year, extravagant purchases being one of them.  i don't have a ring and curtis apologizes for it.  he wishes the question could have been asked with a brand new canon MKII and a RINGlight to present to me.  like i said... we aren't traditional at all.  i'm perfectly happy with a kiss to adorn my finger, a cocoon of love and a promise of forever.  i'm just a simple girl.


so ....  congratulations are in order!  we're engaged!

16 comments:

  1. ACK!!!!!!!! Michelle!!!!!!!! So excited for you my gorgeous friend!!!!!!! Curtis is a lucky man, and you are a lucky woman! :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Michelle, were we not just talking about this?! I am so so so excited for you guys!! Congrats! P.S. I just did the whole wedding thing a little over a year ago, so lemmie know if I can help with ANYTHING!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulatios, Michelle & Curtis! I'm super thrilled for you :) p.s. That first pic is hilarious! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl! So exciting! :) Best wishes to you and Curtis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Michelle!!! As soon as I read the twitter message I logged on right away lol! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww how cute and exciting! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Guys! The important ring is the one created by both your hearts which has bound you together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you both! What a happy and joyous occassion! =)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!!!!!! You are perfect for each other!!!!

    now the important question...who's gonna photograph your wedding????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Michelle & Curtis! Best wishes to you both!

    Can I borrow your nail gun? j/k!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY for you guys! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so anxious to see an engagement session of you two. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete