hi there! i'm michelle, southern california based photographer and curator of the coco gallery.

welcome to my blog where i share my life, my latest adventures, photo projects, random nuggets and the occasional stray thoughts.

for clients: to view my portfolio just click on this link - theCOCOgallery.com. to book sessions please send me a message through theCOCOgallery.com or contact me via michelle@thecocogallery.com | 949.734.0604



Monday, August 24, 2009

mila | news . pregnant

so we like to trickle the good news in.  it's all about bite size chunks... i swear.. we're not trying to prolong congratulations or spike my blog numbers or anything.


so here it is...


we're pregnant!!!!!!!   yeah yeah.. i know some of you guessed it already.  not for lack of trying on my part either.  all i said on fb is that i kept waking up super early (like 3am one day and 5 am the next).  of course all my mommy friends were jokingly on to me; and honest little me just couldn't deny it.


well... it's actually early for us yet.  we're only at about 9 weeks.  most people wait till after the first trimester to make an announcement but it gets tiring explaining away all the pregnancy symptoms.  and really... it's silly this whole not sharing business.  i want you all to know that we're happy!  and if anything bad should happen (and it won't) .. then i want you all to understand why i would be devastated.  my point is.... i want my friends and my family to share in my life.  all sides of it.


i'll have you know that i've been in a fog lately.  up until last week my life was controlled by all day nausea.  it hasn't been easy at all.  watching tv was an effort.  my life was really crippled by that funk.  i swear i'm not exaggerating.  so now i would like to thank the following for putting up with me and my bouts of hell.


  • my friend jenny for listening to my woe's and giving encouragement.  you're right.  the phase is passing and i survived.  i swear i didn't think it would go away.
  • my sister for bringing saltines into my life and cooking a 2 month supply of my favorite soup to help battle the throwy-uppys.
  • all my friends for not wondering out loud why i've been so cranky lately and short on energy.
  • every waitress that entered into a conspiracy with me as we secretly ordered virgin bloody mary's while the rest of our friends would enjoy their yummy libations. 
  • my family for their enthusiasm at the news.
  • my dear dear curtis for putting up with cranky michelle and making sure the belly gets some kind of food every 2 hours.
  • hanssie for not spilling the beans
  • kari for donating my first baby item.  we have a bassinet!
this thursday we are getting measurements to have a more accurate due date which is currently slated for some time in march.  and in a month or so we should be finding out the sex of the baby!  can't wait!!!!!



15 comments:

  1. OMG, congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you! You guys are gonna be wonderful parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness friend! Congratulations to you and Curtis! We are so happy for you. Hopefully I will see you either Thursday or Saturday! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW congrats!! That is so exciting! Engagement and baby! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! Congrats!! 2010 will be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH! Congrats Michelle and Curtis!!!!!!! I had NO clue (goes to show that I have no idea what the clues of pregnancy are!). Talk about a gorgeous child! :) So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "That ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, home skillet..." Congratulations!

    =Matt=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! You know I can't keep secrets for long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Wooow! Congratulations to you both... enjoy the adventure ahead : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooo hoo!!!!! How exciting!!! Oh my goodness, you two are baking one adorable little bun. So so sooo excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMgosH!Congrats you two!!! That is totally awesome!!! I wish for you a safe pregnancy, and easy delivery.....Walk alot,I hear that helps! =) and if nothing stay down, surprisingly, for my sister, Taco Bell was the only thing that did....just saying. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was about the same time I had to spill the beans too. It's too exciting to keep to yourself! Just a few more weeks and we can start stuffing our faces together. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you and Curtis, Love.

    ReplyDelete