so here it is...
we're pregnant!!!!!!! yeah yeah.. i know some of you guessed it already. not for lack of trying on my part either. all i said on fb is that i kept waking up super early (like 3am one day and 5 am the next). of course all my mommy friends were jokingly on to me; and honest little me just couldn't deny it.
well... it's actually early for us yet. we're only at about 9 weeks. most people wait till after the first trimester to make an announcement but it gets tiring explaining away all the pregnancy symptoms. and really... it's silly this whole not sharing business. i want you all to know that we're happy! and if anything bad should happen (and it won't) .. then i want you all to understand why i would be devastated. my point is.... i want my friends and my family to share in my life. all sides of it.
i'll have you know that i've been in a fog lately. up until last week my life was controlled by all day nausea. it hasn't been easy at all. watching tv was an effort. my life was really crippled by that funk. i swear i'm not exaggerating. so now i would like to thank the following for putting up with me and my bouts of hell.
- my friend jenny for listening to my woe's and giving encouragement. you're right. the phase is passing and i survived. i swear i didn't think it would go away.
- my sister for bringing saltines into my life and cooking a 2 month supply of my favorite soup to help battle the throwy-uppys.
- all my friends for not wondering out loud why i've been so cranky lately and short on energy.
- every waitress that entered into a conspiracy with me as we secretly ordered virgin bloody mary's while the rest of our friends would enjoy their yummy libations.
- my family for their enthusiasm at the news.
- my dear dear curtis for putting up with cranky michelle and making sure the belly gets some kind of food every 2 hours.
- hanssie for not spilling the beans
- kari for donating my first baby item. we have a bassinet!
this thursday we are getting measurements to have a more accurate due date which is currently slated for some time in march. and in a month or so we should be finding out the sex of the baby! can't wait!!!!!