so after a pat on the belly and a timid burp ... it got me thinkin about all my favorite food places where i gladly give up my tastebuds to the experts. here's some of my uber favorites...
- soul food
- roscoe's chicken N waffles - god help my scale whenever i walk into that place.
- memphis (costa mesa) --- you must order the lemon thyme chicken with a side of greens. thank me later!
- el triumfo (anaheim) -- it's the bestest best hole in the wall mexican place and it's right next door to my house!
- miguel's (corona) --- mmmm ... pork, potato and cheese burrito
- el taurino (los angeles) -- hands down .. the ultimate carne asada
- clam chowder
- brannigan's pub ( old town fullerton)
- shabu shabu
- irvine shabu shabu - do yourself a favor and go for the kobe beef. huge diff!
- indian food
- india cookhouse (irvine)
- dosa place (tustin) -- my indian friends may turn their nose up at this but i LOVE dosa and i haven't found a better closer one yet. i actually love how spicy their food is.
- thai specialty 2 (tustin) --- oh the lime fish is heavenly and healthy!
- goldilocks - i'm filipino and i love me some mango cake! light and fluffy!
- roy's -- i don't really like chocolate but they have a souffle that i could convert for
soooooo many more places i'm sure i'm forgetting. i'm always open to suggestions and favorites. gimme some of yours! oh... and if anyone knows where i can get some good paella and good fabada? i haven't found a spanish restaurant to fill the gaping hole in my gut created by our family cook (esther). i miss her so.
my sister's last tomato harvest. grape tomatoes, perfect for a summer salad.